BACK TO SCHOOL LITERACY WEBINARS
The Literacy Channel is back!
Join us, for not one, but two exciting webinars in preparation for the term ahead.
Join Dr Jennifer O'Sullivan and myself on Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th August at 7pm, for two jam-packed presentations brimming with research and evidence-informed tips, resources, strategies to support effective phonological awareness, phonemic awareness and phonics instruction.
Webinar slides will be provided for all participants.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend both webinars, you must register for each webinar separately.
Webinar 1: Science of Reading: Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
Did you know that children's phonological & phonemic awareness play a fundamental role in their journey to reading fluency? In recent years, cognitive science has provided greater insight into how we actually learn to read. Prior to tackling the written word and conventional reading, it is crucial that we as teachers, spend time supporting young children in developing skills of phonological and phonemic awareness.
This webinar will explore the ideas behind the Science of Reading and what this means and looks like in the contemporary primary classroom. Throughout the webinar, the presenters will share a wealth of practical insights into activities and supports for explicit, effective phonological and phonemic awareness instruction in the infant classes.
Webinar 2: Science of Reading: Phonics Instruction
Systematic, explicit phonics instruction is a vital component of effective early reading instruction - but what exactly does that look like in the contemporary, primary classroom? This webinar will explore the ideas behind the Science of Reading and what this means and looks like when it comes to the everyday realities of phonics instruction.. Lots of tips, strategies, supports and useful resources included for all.
- Registration fee: €10.99 per webinar
- Places are limited - early booking is advised.
- Refunds can not be processed once webinars have commenced. If you will not be able to make it on the night, please contact the presenters in advance so your ticket can be allocated to someone on the waiting list.
- Slides will be circulated after the webinar. Slides and webinar materials are property of The Literacy Channel © and are for educational use and are not for redistribution. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of The Literacy Channel material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to The Literacy Channel with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Certificate of attendance can be provided if required for school CPD record purposes.
For further webinar queries, please contact Clara or Jen: email@example.com